Coming off of Call of Duty Launch Weekend, Infinity Ward has already whipped out a fresh patch. This new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare January 28th patch is not as big as others, but the inner workings of the patch are some of the most important yet. With significant weapon changes to the M4 and MP5 in this patch, are we going to see a change in the meta now? We will have to see in the coming weeks how players adjust to the new weapon changes in COD Modern Warfare.
Here’s what was updated:
- New Playlist: Deathmatch DominationNew Playlist: Gunfight Variant that allows loadouts
- 24/7 Playlist: Shipment 24/7
And here are the full patch notes from Infinity Ward:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare January 28th Patch Notes
- Added Deathmatch Domination!
- Added Gunfight Custom!
- Shipment 24/7 is back! (Replaces Shoot the Ship)
- Removed Winter Docks
- Moved Capture the Flag into the Quick Play Filter
- MP5: Reduced headshot multiplier, Small reduction to 10mm range
- M4: Small damage decrease to reduce headshot effectiveness, Small range decrease
- M13: Range increase, Small reduction to horizontal recoil, Small damage increase to boost headshot effectiveness
- Crossbow: Players are able to shoot down an enemy Support Helo with only 3 Thermite Bolts. This has been adjusted; 5 to take down a VTOL and 6 to take down a Support Helo and Chopper Gunner
- Fix for an exploit in Ground War via ATV
- Fix for missing character model on the LA OpTic CDL skin
- Shipment: Spawn tuning to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Adjustments to spawn positions around the edge of the map for all modes. New spawn logic for Domination.
- When using keyboard and mouse, a controller button prompt will appear to access the Social Menu while matchmaking. On PC with a PS4 controller, the button prompt will appear as an Xbox prompt. This has been fixed.
And in case you missed Activision's blog post "This Week in Call of Duty® - January 27," a new Lunar New Year bundle — which is packed with charms, a calling card, emblems, two tier skips, and more — is available in the Modern Warfare shop.
On top of that, if you have not finished your Battle Pass this season, tiers will be on sale for 100CP each from January 31 at 10 AM PT through February 3 at 10 AM PT.
What do you think of the changes to the MP5 and M4?
Let us know in the comments section below!
Top image via Activision
This article was written by Nick Farrell, a full-time university student who loves talking and writing about video games.