The Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 Global Reveal kicked off today, with more than 20 streamers and content creators making the trek out to Los Angeles to get their hands on the new title.
So what exactly did we learn from the global reveal today?
From new weapons, beta announcement, and new killstreaks, we have all the details you could ever want!
A large number of confirmed killstreaks were fully announced today. Previously, Activision confirmed three killstreaks via their official Twitter account. The three they confirmed before the global reveal were:
- Infantry Assault Vehicle
- White Phosphorus
The latter was among a large discussion point as White Phosphorous is considered a war crime as determined at the Geneva Convention.The other confirmed killstreaks were leaked by infamous Call of Duty leaker “TheGamingRevolution." From what we can see, the other killstreaks that will be present in Call of Duty Modern Warfare are:
- Personal UAV
- Supply Drop (3 Care Packages)
- Stealth Bomber
- Attack Chopper
- Counter UAV
- Shielded Turret
- Care Package
- Cruise Missile
- Cluster Strike
- Advanced UAV
- Sentry Gun
In Field Upgrades
Before the official release, TheGamingRevolution further leaked a new concept being introduced into Modern Warfare 2019. In Field Upgrades are noted as power-ups that players will be able to pick up in the field that will grant them certain special abilities. The confirmed ones are:
- Stopping Power
All of the perks for multiplayer were released, with the traditional platform of three perks with different perks for each category all confirmed.
Here's the full list:
- Double Time — Triple the duration of Super Sprint and fully refresh Super Sprint on kills.
- E.O.D. — Take reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire. Hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, and C4.
- Scavenger — Resupply ammo from dead players.
- Tracker — Enemies leave behind trails and death markers. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%.
- Tune Up — Increase the charger rate of field upgrades by 50%.
- Ghost — Undetectable by UAVs, Radar Drones, Heartbeat Sensors and High Alert. Hide the death markers of enemies you kill.
- Hardline — Your killstreaks cost 1 less kill.
- Kill Chain — Killstreaks earned in your current life earn kill credit for other killstreaks.
- Overkill — Carry two primary weapons.
- Restock — Recharge equipment over 30 seconds.
- Amped — Faster weapon swap and rocket launcher reload speed.
- Battle Hardened — Reduce the strength of enemy flash, stun, and EMP effects.
- Cold-Blooded — Undetectable by AI targeting system and thermal optics. Immure to snapshot grenades.
- High Alert — Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you.
- Shrapnel — Spawn with an extra piece of lethal equipment. Explosive damage delays enemy health regeneration.
- Spotter — See enemy equipment, field upgrades, and killstreaks through walls. Mark them for your team bu looking at them while aiming down sights.
The global reveal kicked off what fans have been awaiting for some time now. The official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 Beta will be kicking off on September 12, 2019 across all platforms. To get early access, you will need to pre-order the PS4 version to get the beta on September 5th.
A large majority of weapons for multiplayer were also announced. With all the usual categories being around, yet again this seems like one of the best weapon lineups in a long time.
- FR 5.56
- Model 680
Marksman Rifles - similar to the DMRs from Black Ops 3:
Yes, weapons finally have perks in the new Call of Duty. Although most of these perks serve no severe advantage they offer some unique bonuses whenever you use certain weapons. Here is the full list!
- Presence of Mind- Infinite breath (Iron Lungs)
- Stance Training - Increase in accuracy when crouched and prone
- Sleight of Hand - Increases reload speed
- Burst - Changes fire mode to 3-round burst
- Mo' Money - More money/XP when head-shotting opponents
- Frangible - Wounding - Bullets cause target healing to be delayed
- FMJ - Increases bullet damage and penetration
- Fast Melee - Increase in melee speed
- Burst Fire - Enhanced - Changes fire mode to 3-round burst with improved fire rate
Lethal and Tactical Grenades
Much like any Call of Duty title, this one will feature plenty of throwables, from support-style grenades such as the Claymore to the classic Grenade. There's something for everyone here.
- Frag Grenade
- Molotov Cocktail
- Throwing Knife
- Proximity Mine
- Flash Grenade
- Smoke Grenade
- Stun Grenade
- Decoy Grenade
- Gas Grenade
- Snapshot Grenade
- Heartbeat Sensor
Originally teased in the announcement for today's global reveal, Gunsmith is a new unique feature that allows players to customize their weapons to their heart's content. @charlieINTEL on Twitter stated, that Activison confirmed to them that:
"A cool feature about the Gunsmith that Infinity Ward told us: in Modern Warfare, there is no AK-74u. But, with Gunsmith, you can actually configure the AK-47 in many ways to make it into the AK-74u."
So, from this quote from Activision, it seems as there is endless possibilities when it comes the customization for your weapons.
What will you be creating on your journey in Call of Duty Modern Warfare?
Each weapon also has 30-60 attachments, so this is by far the most in-depth weapon customizer we have seen in a Call of Duty title yet.
As per any other Call of Duty title, the usual suspects are present here, such as Team Deathmatch and Domination. However, this time around it seems Activision is revamping their approach to some of the other classic game modes.
Here are all confirmed multiplayer game modes:
- Team Deathmatch
- Ground War - Revamped to feature over 100 players now!
- 20V20 Mode
- Gunfight - 2v2 Mode
- Cyber Attack - A mix of Search and Destroy + Sabotage + Search & Rescue
- Search and Destroy
- Free For All
- 6V6 Night Team Deathmatch - Regular TDM but it's pitch black and all players have night vision goggles on
If you missed the Call of Duty Modern Warfare global reveal and want to see some action, check out TSM Hamliz duke it out with the best at the reveal event!
All images in this article are courtesy of Activision.
This article was written by Nick Farrell, an experience esports writer who aims to provide insightful yet proactive articles daily.