Infinity Ward released a free, new update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on November 19th. This new update features some significant changes to the infamous 725 Shotgun, which has been on the receiving end of a lot of fan criticism since the game’s release. Players will notice a small range reduction from hipfire and from aiming down the sights. The damage output is also noticeably different as Infinity Ward has further tweaked this. Perhaps the biggest change to the 725 was that they significantly reduced the range additions that certain attachments, such as stocks and barrels, would add to it.
The update also saw some minor bug fixes, most notably, fixes to the numerous missions that players could not complete due to the nature of the said bug. The AUG, which has been one of the lesser-used SMGs, received a small improvement to its close-range damage and mid-range damage.
The full patch notes can be found here and are listed below!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 11/19/19 Patch Notes
- Special Operations: Fix for an issue where a player would see no objective after retrying a mission after spectating (Operation Paladin)
- CDL: Fix for rulesets in Search and Destroy where Field Upgrades were disabled
- Fix for an exploit where players could duplicate their killstreaks (“Fix for various exploits”)
- Fix for the “Blue V” Optic challenge not displaying the proper text description
- Fix misspelling of “trophy”
- Fixed a bug that could cause the filter on the respawn selection screen to stay on screen when spawning back in
- Fix for an issue where the Select Loadout screen would keep reappearing after already selecting a loadout and attempting to spawn back in
The following challenges have been fixed:
- “Warrior’s Code”
- Officer progression “Launch Destroys”
- Officer progression “Heartbreaker”
- Officer progression ”Precision Airstrike”
- Officer progression: “Karma”
- Officer progression “Close and Personal”
- Increasing close range damage
- Increasing mid damage range and reduced chest multiplier
- Small reduction to base weapon damage range
- Significantly reduced the damage range added by attachments
- Small hips spread increase
- Reduced effective damage at the hip
- Model 680: Slight reduction of damage range with all range-extending attachments
This article was written by Nick Farrell, an experienced journalist who aims to provide insightful and proactive articles daily.